|Home | First announcement | Program | Tutorial speakers | Registration | Authors | Travel information | Contact|
Guidelines for authors
Note: Downloadable chapters are password protected.
The book will have 15-20 chapters, each with about 20 pages. The tentative structure will be
Jürgen Meichsner and Michael Bonitz (Greifswald, Kiel), ''Overview on Complex Plasmas'', abstract
II. Classical and quantum plasmas
The style of each chapter should be review-like, i.e. the authors should not only focus on the own work but give a state of the art report. A survey of the state of the art should be given in a review-like style. The basics should be explained in a way to give access to newcomers. It is the aim to give this book the style of a monograph and not of a collection of papers. Therefore it is necessary to homogenise the style of discussion and of figures and to have identical symbols.
|2. Author obligations and schedule|
Authors selected for the book
1. should deliver an extended abstract/table of contents of their chapter (June 15).
2. will receive the complete table of contents and all abstracts related to their topics for adjustment of contents and notation. Also, cross-referencing will be prepared to achieve a coherent presentation.
3. should deliver first version of their chapter before Dec 31.
4. Editors will check the chapters by Jan 31 and return recommendations to authors
5. Final version of manuscript is due Feb 28.
6. Submission of the book to Springer: Apr 1 2008.
|3. Technical requirements:|
- The manuscripts have to be submitted in electronic form.
- Figures should be submitted as hard copy and in electronic version. In case of scanned figures, line figures should be scanned with a resolution of 800 dpi, and half tone figures with a resolution of 300 dpi.
- There should be short abstracts in the beginning of chapters (about 5 lines). This should be uniform for all the chapters.
- Detailed table of contents in the beginning of the book only and not in the beginning of the chapters.
- Author's names with the chapters. Author's address only in the list of contributors.
- Numbered reference style in square brackets as in journals.
- The length of the chapters should be balanced with respect to the other chapters.
- There will be one introductory chapter in the beginning of the book.
- The discussion in the book chapters has to be more detailed and deeper, including the basics, then in journal publications.
- Submission of the manuscripts in Latex is strongly encouraged. For this purpose Springer has supplied a template, see top of this page. This will speed up the publication and affects the price of the book positively. If not all the authors can write in Latex, they can prepare unformatted Word manuscripts and Springer will perform a Latex conversion and formatting.
- If a manuscript is written in Word and the keywords are not marked electronically for the subject index, we need a printed version with the keywords marked in colour. The authors should also submit an additional paper version of their chapter with about 5 key words per page marked in colour. And Springer will generate the subject index.
The contributing authors will get 2 free copies per chapter instead of a royalty. All contributing authors are entitled for lifetime to buy Springer books at a discount of 33.3 % directly from Springer.
|STEVENS Institute of Technology||SFB-TR24 "Fundamentals of Complex Plasmas"|